Sesame Workshop Munich is looking for a dynamic and experienced Marketing DirectorSesame Workshop - July 2022
Marketing Director - Europe
International Media Business | Munich, Germany | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a dynamic and experienced Marketing Director to fulfill a key role as a member of our European team. This position will oversee strategic and operational day-to-day marketing activities to include: Digital, Social Media, and partner management. This role will create and execute country-specific brand campaigns and develop and implement highly effective marketing, digital, social media, and promotion strategies for all lines of business and respective partners. The Marketing Director will also lead Partnership Marketing, developing marketing and brand campaigns with content partners, licensing partners and all other business partners such as themed entertainment parks.
The role is hands-on and requires consistent delivery against measurable brand metrics including brand awareness and engagement. In addition, this role will support Sesame Workshop’s Social Impact activities across Europe. The Marketing Director will report into the GM Europe and will have a dotted line into global marketing leads at Sesame Workshop headquarters in New York. Focus markets are Germany, UK, Benelux, Spain, and Italy.
- Design and implement Marketing and Brand strategies across multiple platforms targeted at kids and parents
- Develop and implement brand strategies and action plans for key European markets, focusing on Germany and the UK
- Develop activity plan and execution for the 50th anniversary of Sesamstrasse in Germany
- Develop and implement social media and local YouTube strategies in key markets focusing on Germany, Netherlands, Spain and the UK
- Oversee local PR and promotional activities
- Localize content stream with local editors and creators
- Initiate, evolve and service relationships with TV network affiliates and licensees on marketing, brand and social media
- Support brand business development across all LOB’s: theatrical, themed entertainment and educational partnerships
- Prepare internal market reports and updates, conduct analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts and work with central research team
- Maintain and manage local strategic partnerships across SW’s Media Distribution, Consumer Products, Retail, Themed Entertainment and Education teams
- Support implementation of SW’s global social impact initiatives as relevant to key European markets, including but not limited to “See Amazing” (Autism), “Dream Save Do” (Financial Empowerment), “Wash!” (Personal Hygiene), school readiness, inclusion & belonging and health and well-being (focus on emotional well-being)
- Deliver against a set of measurable brand metrics including awareness, engagement and social media KPI’s
- Minimum 5-10 years of Marketing, digital and brand products experience in Europe with a TV/entertainment, media, digital or kids’ entertainment organization(s), and/or related agency experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' or MBA a plus
- Solid knowledge of cross platform; digital and social media
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation), interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills as well as a firm understanding of the cultural differences in the region
- Proven ability to execute large volumes of diverse work across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience in executing marketing and social media campaigns
- Solid industry network contacts; well versed in recognizing and knowing consumer/brand/media trends
- Prepared to travel regularly to key markets
- English, German required, any additional language is an asset
- Profound knowledge of at least two key markets in Europe
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the non-profit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We are educators, creators, researchers, moms, dads, caregivers, and friends. We are a community of 400+ people with an amazing network of global partners who are passionate about one thing: helping children.
We’re present in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of non-profit and commercial businesses across media, formal education, consumer products, themed entertainment, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs. Through our globally-beloved characters, we provide almost two hundred million children with access to life-changing early education, critical health lessons, and helpful tools for tough situations.
About Sesame Workshop Europe
Since September 2020 Sesame Workshop is operating an office for the European market in Munich. The local team is responsible for leading SW’s European strategic brand and commercial expansion to deliver long-term growth and sustainability.
The GM and his team are responsible for full Profit and Loss (“P&L”) management and executing related strategies for Europe. The office oversees strategy and day-to-day management of all areas of SW’s business in Europe, including Media Distribution, Consumer Products, Themed Entertainment and Education, together with global business teams based in New York. Core strategic markets include Germany, UK, Benelux and Spain.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity